Friday, October 11, 2013

Food Prep Set

Here is where we were going.  The finished set...
I started staining the top of the Rough Cedar Table before decided exactly what I wanted to do.  I liked the contrast of the red to the brown in the leg posts, and wound up going with staining all the new light colored cedar, and leaving to posts their aged brown color.
In preparation for the stain, I used the surface plane and sandpaper to smooth the rough Cedar on the top, and sides of the top, but left the rest of the wood rough.  I've put three coats on the top so far and think I am happy with it.
Maybe the best part of getting to this point is being able to get all the construction materials off the patio.  After this I am going back to the Shed, and the Garden Fence to get it finished off...
All this work is making me hungry, I think we're going to put these tables to work next.  Barbeque?

No comments:

Post a Comment