Monday, August 13, 2012

Compressor Emergency

The Air Conditioner quit working again, this time its 105 F outside, and we're it the panic state of mind.  Total Crisis.  After all the bias that I have been fed about my old Carrier Condenser unit, we were expecting it to fail any minute.  Large electromechanical companies that have worked on this unit have been telling me the same thing for years.  That old unit is shot, you better buy a new one.  I had become leery of their advise, after a decade of the unit not dying.  every time it failed it was a capacitor.  Then we had an independent guy take a look at it, and he said the condenser is in really good shape for its age.
 This time it was the compressor capacitor, and it wasn't just weak, it failed.  The compressor stopped working, and it sent us into panic mode thinking that the compressor failed, and that is a very expensive part.  I had a thought before I started calling electromechanical people to replace that cap, which would have been relatively inexpensive, maybe $25 at Turner Hardware.  But because I allowed myself to panic, I called several place for a quote on a new system, which turned into a traumatic day.  In the end it was Bill McKenna from Cooling Texas that identified the faulty capacitor, and replaced it without all the guff about the system being old, and you have to replace the whole thing.  What a relief, honesty, and refrigerated air...

You can contact Bill McKenna at 972-805-7770, and the website is Cooling Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment