Sunday, August 31, 2014

32 Mhz PIC

This is more about my Oscilloscope rather than the processor.  Using the new enhanced 14 bit core is really exciting for me now.  One of the things I have always had trouble with using PICs is the oscillator.  I start using crystal resonators, which are very fickle, and will have trouble starting if they don't have a matched impedance pathways to the PIC.  Then I moved on to real oscillators, but had that impedance matching problem, which imposed speed limits.  With an oscillator I could only go up to about 4 MHz.  But now, with the enhanced 14 bit core, and integrated oscillator I can go up to 32 MHz.  Big performance boost...
Part of the configuration on the PIC16F1788 allows me to port the internal oscillator to an I/O pin, and it can be used to synchronize another part to this parts clock.  Also this allows me to verify that the internal clock is running, sometimes that's a question.  What I was getting to is the oscilloscope is looking at the PICs 32 MHz clock.  That is impressive.  This is the Velleman HPS140i pocket Oscilloscope.  Lets see you do that with your phone app scope, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment